Sunday, July 31, 2011

Personal Practice Progress

Day 19--Yoga Sculpt--DVD--30 min

Day 20--Yogalosophy--Fully Loaded--DVD--50 min

Day 21--Yoga Burn--DVD--20 min

Day 22--Body Vive--70 min
I went to the gym for the yoga class and a substitute taught Body Vive instead. Body Vive incorporates yoga with light aerobics, Tai Chi and other toning and strengthening exercises. It was fun and the music was GREAT! Not what I expected, but I enjoyed the class, and the instructor had incredible energy and passion for her craft. I reflected that being flexible includes being flexible in your mind as well as muscles! Some folks bagged the class before it even started, but by being open minded, the class was an enjoyable, unique experience for me.

Day 23--Yoga Sculpt--DVD--30 min

Day 24 & 25--We went camping this weekend in Virginia. I rolled out the yoga mat in our tent (yes, it was a BIG tent) the first evening and did a 40 min practice. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed this. I had yoga music playing on my phone and it was a little warm in the tent, which was "cool!" On Saturday, I did a 45 minute practice up on the hillside of our campground overlooking the Christmas tree farm and mountains. It was so beautiful and the sun was shining. It was a little buggy, but I loved being outside and enjoying the birds and clouds. I can tell I'm stronger physically but also mentally. I was able to focus and engage in a solid practice. I use the videotapes and DVDs so often as a crutch, so it was good to flex my muscles and practice successfully independently!

Day 26--Yogalosophy--DVD--35 min & "Parking Lot Yoga"--10 min--Scott ran into a shop for coffee and I did a few sun salutes, pyramids, side angle poses, and side planks while we were waiting. It was great to stretch after sitting in the car for a bit, getting ready for a lot of riding to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment