Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Relaxation Reflections

Lyddie and I did a practice this morning and when we completed our final relaxation, I got out the crayons and a big piece of paper to "draw how we are feeling now." This is the activity on p. 55 of the GFY@ Home Self-Study. This was a neat opportunity to picture thoughts and emotions. She drew a tree and grass and waterfall and flowers. She said, "I feel like nature." "I feel calm." "I feel like a butterfly, flying high in the sky." "I feel like a panda bear--I feel strong." She said, "We should do this everyday, Mom!" Ain't that the truth??!

I drew a picture too, and I felt like a cloud in the sky, light and "unburdened." I felt warm and peaceful, like the sun was shining on me. What a great way to start the day, carefree and relieved of worries and concerns!

We are thankful for what our practice taught us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment