Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yoga Stretch

Tonight I did a 30 minute class and the focus was on stretching. I was tired, tired, tired (I've tried to get too much accomplished in the last couple of days) and the class was calming. It was outdoors, warm, and I had energy at by the end of the class!

Here's what I can remember we did:
neck stretch
side stretch
chest expansion
flow-forward fold, reverse swan dive, chair
down dog
set--warrior 1, warrior 2, reverse warrior, side angle, extended side angle, triangle, warrior 2
straddle stretch (waterfall)
pigeon
cat/cow
staff pose, forward fold, bend knee stretch over straight leg, repeat on opposite side, leg stretches with strap
knees to chest, roll (massage back)
spinal twist
bridge

Tomorrow I'm off to Greenville for a YogaFit training in Senior Yoga. I hoping I will learn some alternatives that will translate to yoga kids can do in their desks in a classroom setting!


No comments:

Post a Comment