Thursday, July 7, 2011

Take Time to RELAX!

In the process of preparing for my role as counselor, I have been sifting through every layer, chunking and sharing, moving around and letting go files, books, props, costumes, posters . . . it's exhausting, but empowering! Today I ran across Nancy Carlson's book, Take Time to RELAX! The author dedicates the book to "busy people everywhere." Tina's family is busy, busy, busy until an unexpected snowstorm causes them to readjust their schedules and they find that slowing down and being together is just what they need. My yoga practice has been so helpful for me to slow down, breathe, process and make adjustments. In completing my home study with Global Family Yoga, I have to commit to 40 consecutive days of yoga! And while the spirit is willing, the body is weak . . . since beginning Sunday evening I haven't made another time for yoga until now . . . so Take Time to RELAX! is right on for me right now! While I'm accomplishing much in my clean up process, I could do a little better, probably focus a little more and make better use of my working time if I didn't skip my yoga . . .

Tonight's practice, from Yoga to the Rescue by Amy Luwis:
mountain
upward hand
extended triangle
extended side angle
downward dog
warrior 1
Bharadvaja's 1
corpse

This was a 20 minute practice that had a calming effect. I was able to unwind after a busy day!

Ephesians 3:19
"That you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God."

Only if you s-l-o-w down and b-r-e-a-t-h-e deep . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment