Saturday, July 9, 2011

On the Ball

Today I did a 24 minute practice with the videotape--fat-blasting YOGA: 21 Days to a Yoga Body. Just by saying "videotape" you know it's "old" . . . I was surprised the copyright was only "2002." It describes the practice as "Hatha-based." I liked using the stability ball as a prop (I like props)! I'm a little sore from my all-day fun yesterday, so I tried to "tune-in" to what my body needs today and took it a little slow, in a "restorative" fashion! I was recently reflecting that "awareness" is a little challenging for me. I think that's because I've always been a "push through it" kinda person, so over time, I've conditioned myself to "tune out" what my body is saying instead of "tuning in." For example, yesterday at the training, I noticed a huge blister on the bottom of my foot--it was oldish and healing, but when did that happen?

I'm glad to have done my practice this morning! It's a great way to start the day. I have energy for the busy day ahead. YEA for YOGA!

No comments:

Post a Comment