Saturday, June 20, 2020

Touch Tree

From Glennon Doyle's Untamed, pp. 145-146~"A Touch Tree is one recognizable, strong, large tree that becomes the lost one's home base.  She can adventure out into the woods as long as long as she returns to her Touch Tree--again and again.  The perpetual returning will keep her from getting too far gone . . . I am my own tree. So I return to myself and reinhabit myself.  As I do, I feel my chin rise and my body straighten.  I reach deeply into the rich soil beneath me, made up of every girl and woman I've ever been, every face I've loved, every love I've lost, every place I've been, every conversation I've had, every book I've read and song I've sung, everything, everything, crumbling and mixing decomposing underneath. Then up and up all the way to my branches, my imagination, too high for anyone else to see--reaching beyond, growing toward the light and warmth.  Then the middle, the trunk, the only part of me entirely visible to the world. Pulpy and soft inside, just tough enough on the outside to protect and hold me.  Exposed and safe.  I am as ancient as the earth I'm planted in and as new as my tiniest bloom.  I am my own Touch Tree:  strong, singular, alive. Still growing.  I have everything I need, beneath me, above me, inside me. I am never gonna lose me." #internationalyogaday2020

No comments:

Post a Comment