Friday, July 24, 2015

Peace Builders

Stacey's Story:

Yesterday, while eating lunch between shows, I watched a waitress go out of her way to assist an elderly woman who obviously wasn't feeling well. She sat down next to her, held her hand and made sure she had a ride home. When she came to refill our drinks, we asked how the woman was doing. The waitress explained that the woman (along with many elderly people) came to this particular cafeteria on a regular basis and she always looked out for them. She then excused herself and went into the kitchen. When she came out, she had a small to-go box and placed it in front of another elderly woman seated at another table. When she came back to us, she explained that it was that woman's 90th birthday and she wanted to make sure she had a strawberry shortcake to take home with her. When it was time to leave, I found our waitress to make sure she received her tip. She told me it was a cafeteria and a tip wasn't necessary. I put it in her hand and when she looked down and saw that I had handed her a twenty, she began to cry. She insisted it wasn't necessary, but I told her what a difference she made in the lives of others and how just witnessing her actions made my day so much brighter. Still crying, she hugged me and told me it was the biggest tip she had ever received.

This morning, while sitting outside of our hotel, an elderly man walked up to me. He reached out his hand, and I went to shake it. Instead he handed me a twenty dollar bill. He told me I was a good person and told me to have a blessed day. I balked, but he insisted and climbed into his car and drove away. I was speechless. Today, that twenty will be passed along to someone else...

Ms. Stacey Maxwell​ of Porkchop Productions is a "Peace Builder!"  Pass it on.  I'm thankful to have worked for her with Ms. Laura Blanchette​ this summer.  Both of these ladies touch the hearts of others every day!  They are *my* SOUP-er Heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment