Thursday, December 6, 2012

Meditation Journal Entry #1

My daughter and I started on Monday having a little quiet time, a little stretching together in the mornings.  Being she's in the 10th grade, it's a very special 15 or so minutes together, and we do a little devotion to prepare and strengthen ourselves for the day.

In my quiet times, it's becoming increasingly important that I think of the tasks at hand, not the task "list."  The "list of what to do" is created by me.  The "tasks at hand" are divine.

People first--ALWAYS before "stuff."  We are designed for relationship.  It's relationships we take with us when we leave this world.  "Stuff" will burn.

I have enough.  I do enough.  I am enough.  Enough is enough.

The awareness that I am causing most of my trouble is alarming.  God wants me to be with him.  Do His will.  "Men tend to multiply duties in their observance of religion .  .  . lulling the soul into a comatose condition."

It's not about me .  .  .

Words are important.  What I say does matter.  We taught kiddos the "Kids at Hope" pledge today:

No comments:

Post a Comment