Sunday, August 29, 2021

Granddaddy's Bangle

My mom's dad, J.A. Rawls, was a railroad engineer. 

As a first grade teacher, my mom dressed up as a "Great American" for a school career day to honor him.  We think this was the mid to late 1990s.

This hymn reminds me of him.

"Life is like a mountain railroad, with an engineer that's brave;

We must make the run successful from the cradle to the grave;

Watch the curves, the fills, the tunnels, never falter, never quail; Keep your hand upon the throttle, and your eye upon the rail.

Blessed Savior, Thou wilt guide us, till we reach the blissful shore,

Where the angels wait to join us

In Thy praise forevermore."

My aunt, uncle, dad, and I sang this at a family reunion when I was little.  I used BRIGHT🌟 colors for this bangle.  It combines family, faith, and the brightness of the future🌟.


This picture was taken in 1991.  I was on my way to my 5th high school reunion.
Granddaddy always felt "rich" because he had his family close.  Granddaddy lived long enough to meet his first great grand. Remember to hold your people close as you "keep your hand upon the throttle, and your eye upon the rail."




No comments:

Post a Comment