Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pisgah Yoga next week is TUESDAY, April 8 @ 5:30-6:30

I'll be off to Chicago April 9-14 for another four day training!  Thank you for your prayers.  I'm hoping I'll know more what I'm doing this time around .  .  . :-)

Tonight's topic was the TEN COMMANDMENTS:  1-4

Here's a catchy video I found online about the "Old School Rules":  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq4h3Opy-Xc

We did the Handful of Quiet Meditation to begin class.  We discussed how we can't HEAR God's voice if we're always TALKING .  .  .

We discussed Cheryl Strayed's book Wild.  I was touched by how we try to fill the hole in our heart with all kinds of stuff -- food, shopping, relationships, drugs, alcohol, even "to do lists" -- these choices are self-destructive.  The good Lord is the only way to fill the hole .  .  . In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:6

As we were singing I Love to Tell the Story at tonight's Lenten Service this line struck me:  it satisfies my longings as nothing else can do. So taking the time to be quiet and breathe affords God the opportunity to work in our hearts!

I'm kind of preachy for a yoga instructor .  .  . but  I love to tell the story!

On Tuesday we'll check out Commandments 5-7!  Come s-t-r-e-t-c-h, strengthen, breathe and G-R-O-W with us.

Meet you on the mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment